Covid-19 Assumption of Risk & Waiver of Liability
This waiver & declaration must be completed prior to participating in any activity.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is known to spread by contact from person to person. Consequently, local, provincial and federal governmental authorities recommend various measures and prohibit a variety of behaviors, in order to reduce the spread of the virus.
Katie Weatherston Hockey School and its members commit themselves to comply with the requirements and recommendations of Provincial and local Public health and other governmental authorities, and to put in place and adopt all necessary measures to that effect. However, the Katie Weatherston Hockey School cannot guarantee that your child, will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the hockey skills session could increase your child’s risk of contracting COVID-19, despite all preventative measures put in place.
By signing this document,
- I acknowledge the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and I voluntarily assume the risk that my child could be exposed or infected by COVID-19 by participating in the Katie Weatherston Hockey School’s Being exposed or infected by COVID-19 may particularly lead to injuries, diseases or other severe illnesses.
- I declare that I am allowing my child to participating voluntarily in the Katie Weatherston Hockey School’s
- I declare that neither I, my child participating, nor anyone in my household, have experienced cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing).
- If I, my child participating, or if anyone in my household experiences any cold or flu-like symptoms after submitting this declaration, I will not attend any of Katie Weatherston Hockey School’s activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
- I declare that neither I, my child participating, nor any member of my household travelled to or had a lay-over in any country outside Canada in the past 14 days.
- I agree that I will inform my child to the requirements and recommendations of National, Provincial and local Public health and other governmental authorities and to those special safety regulations put in place by the Hockey Arena’s Covid-19 Protocol as it pertains the Covid-19 Coronavirus and to adopt all necessary measures to those effects.
- I agree that, by filling out and signing this waiver and agreeing to the terms and conditions set out in it, I am giving up my legal rights to sue Katie Weatherston Enterprises Inc., Katie Weatherston Hockey School, Katie Weatherston, and any instructors, in the event that my child contracts the Covid-19 Coronavirus.
I HAVE SIGNED THIS DOCUMENT FREELY AND WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE.
__________________________________ Participant’s Name: ________________________
Name of parent/tutor/ legal guardian (print)
Signature of parent/tutor/legal guardian Date: __________________________________